In the series of introducing the contributors of Dear Fashion Journal, we now present to you Joanna, a Polish illustrator. She loves dandies and decadent moods, and with the help of her scissors she makes collages so beautiful that her last name might well be Scissorhands.
1. Name: Joanna Gniady
2. Age: 31
3. Please fill in: I am a _____because_____.
I am an illustrator because there are many wonderful things to draw.
4. What would be the name of your autobiography?
“Coffee, glitter and magenta”
5. What was the latest thing that inspired you?
Edward Hopper’s exhibition in Madrid.
6. Your biggest fashion fetish?
Polka dots. And shoes. No idea why.
7. What is your first fashion memory?
Wearing a dress and tracksuit trousers at the same time. I dressed like that to the kindergarten and believed that that was the coolest outfit in the world.
8. What have you learned recently?
The word “albaricoque”. The most tasty Spanish word, I think.
9. What are you known for amongst friends?
I make red lipstick prints on their cheeks when we are kissing hello/goodbye. They always shout at me.
10. What is the most important thing to have around you when working?
A cup of coffee.
+1: Which piece of your own work do you like the most?
I’ve chosen the picture called “The Wisdom Tooth”. It’s a part of the set “Queens of Disaster”.