Jan 10, 2013

Q&A with Suzanna Knight

Introducing to you: our copy editor Suzanna, who next to being a grammar geek also happens to be a brilliant illustrator. She draws, writes, plays Noah and the Whale on ukulele and makes cosmically good sweet potato casserole!
1. Name: Suzanna Knight

2. Age: 26

3. Please fill in: I am a ______ because ______.
I’m an illustrator because I was once was a radio journalist who realised she was scared of calling people on the phone. Also there’s a weird dent on my right middle finger that allows me to hold a pencil really well.

4. What would be the name of your autobiography? 
"Two Bottles of Wine and a Bad Idea"

5. What was the latest thing that inspired you?
The Anthology of American Folk Music. It’s this huge six-album collection of American folk & country songs from 1927 to 1932. It makes me want to call up all my musical friends and have a hootenanny in the kitchen.

6. Your biggest fashion fetish? 
Big comfy sweaters. Because they’re insanely comfortable. ‘Winter knitwear’ is pretty much the only way you could describe the contents of my wardrobe no matter the season.

7. What is your first fashion memory?
Having the exact same clothes as my sister in a different colour despite the fact that we’re not twins. We’re only a year apart though so I guess my mom thought that was close enough.

8. What have you learned recently?
That despite all expectations I can build an Ikea closet all by myself.

9. What are you known for amongst friends?
Everyone who knows me even a little bit knows I love snow and icy cold weather and therefore everyone who knows me even a little bit thinks I’m a little nuts.

10. What is the most important thing to have around you when working?
A record player, tea, a bottle of indian ink and a set of cheap Russian watercolour paints

+1: Which piece of your own work do you like the most? 
The illustration here.

Suzanna's portfolio:
Suzannaknight.net

No comments:

Post a Comment