Sep 8, 2012

Q&A with Suzanne Van Heerde

Introducing to you: a budding writer, stylist and one of the contributors to Dear Fashion. Her name is Suzanne, and she is a creator of fashion fairy tales, who dresses in impressive fur coats and shimmering shirts to look like a character from her own Wonderland. 
1. Name: Suzanne Van Heerde

2. Age: 23



3. Please fill in: I am an __________because_________.
I am a stylista living in a bubble because I have come to realize that the things I create and put into to practice don’t really exist. It’s just a dream world that I manage to transfer to my immediate surroundings (for now.) It’s like a Disneyland for adults. In my world all girls walk in sky-high neon coloured heels, furry and glittery outfits. The boys are Casanova’s in tailored suits and we live happily ever after in huge lofty spaces that look like former tacky Chinese restaurants in red and pink tinted light.

4. What would be the name of your autobiography? 
Ssuuzzaa in Wonderland

5. What was the latest thing that inspired you? 
Tokyo (surprisingly, everything beyond their fashion)

6. Your biggest fashion fetish?
Shoes. I think every girl (and some boys) start out with a healthy obsession. However, I have found myself to be addicted to hunting down bizarre shoes (mostly online) and then purchasing them if within my budget.

7. What is your first fashion memory? 
There was a dress up day at my primary school. All the girls were asked to dress up as their preferred future profession. I chose to be a housewife decked out in pearls, red lips and a pastel flowered long gown.



8. What have you learned recently?
All that I long for does not exist, yet.



9. What are you known for amongst friends?
Again, shoes.



10. What is the most important thing to have around you when working? 
The right people.

+1: Which piece of your own work do you like the most? 


I think my blog is my most honest and sincere form of work because it isn’t a project. This particular image (on top of the post) was created not all that long ago in a moment that felt ecstatic because everything was the way it should have been at that point.

Suzanne's website:
www.suzannejacobine.com
Blog: www.saaht.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment